Region 87 Adult League Soccer
Region 87 and AYSO Area 11L is proud to now offer an official Adult program beginning with a Co-ed Fall 2018 season. Eligibility and rules will be strictly enforced.
Please note that eligibility (especially the volunteer aspect) will need to be verified before registration is accepted. Therefore, registration will be done as a "try-out" program. Once verified, you will be accepted to the program and can pay to complete registration.
- Both Men and Women must be age 30 or over.
- Registrants must be AYSO volunteers with at least 10 hours of service in the 2018-19 AYSO year (fall, winter, and spring). Board Members, Referees (who completed enough games, Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Parents and other volunteers qualify.
- Volunteer status must be verified by the Regional Commissioner or designated board member of the appropriate region.
- Players may register as part of a pre-determined team or as a free-agent. The league will do our best to place free-agents on a team in their home or neighboring region based on your preferences. Priority will be given based on hours of service in the past and present. Some residency requirements for playing fields will also need to be observed.
- Neither participation in past seasons nor being named to a pre-determined team preclude the volunteer requirements!
Fees for Spring 2018:
- $75 registration fee (includes league and field costs)
- $30 insurance fee (paid once annually)
- Additional fees for referees ($60 per team per game). Teams will collect this on their own - figure it to be about $5 per player per game.
- Additional fees for uniforms may apply. Team will decide and collect this on their own. Uniforms may be used for multiple seasons.
Please send any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area 11L Adult League Program Info HERE
Area 11L Adult League Guidelines are HERE
FAQ on the volunteer requirement:
Q: The rules stipulate that I must compete 10 hours of service during the 2018-19 year. Can I play if I haven't completed service yet?
A: You should register as a volunteer ASAP! Commit to coaching this fall, register as a referee and take the training, join your local region's board, contact your region's VIP coordinator or sign up for other volunteer opportunities by contacting your local region's board members. You must be an active volunteer with some planned service in order to play. You will not be admitted to the league if you just "promise to do something" in the future - you must be registered and committed to a role before the adult season starts.
You must complete at least half of your annual volunteer requirement (5 hours) during any season that you play (or have completed all 10 hours it in the fall season) in order to be eligible to play. This means that you can't play *before* volunteering and ensures we only have active volunteers participating.
Q: I want to play but don't volunteer yet. Can I do something easy like field set-up or work in the snack bar?
A: It is up to the discretion of each region to approve your volunteer service. However, when approving and assigning players for teams, please remember that our league rewards volunteers with a chance to play adult soccer. The league will give priority to those performing ongoing volunteer service with direct benefits to the kids. In other words, "just doing the minimum" number of hours will put you lower on the priority list and at risk should the number of participants registered exceed the number of roster spaces available.
Q: So, what can I do to volunteer?
A: Please contact the RC for info HERE All regions need more coaches, referees and board members. Some may need help with registration events, field crews, etc. If you can't figure out where to go for more info, contact